We are looking for an unflappable mid-level Project Manager for website design, sustainability and other related projects. You work well in small teams, are extremely detail oriented, web/digital fluent, self directed, and can handle complexity without pulling out your hair. You know how to keep clients and teams to a tight schedule, ultimately helping to deliver a beautiful, quality product on time, on budget. In addition to impeccable communication skills, you have a sense of humor, and must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Location: NYC metro area. We work in a hybrid schedule in the office 2-3 days a week, with dedicated fully remote weeks throughout the year. Benefits are detailed here.
In this role with us, you’ll work collaboratively and contribute in the following areas:
- Manage: risk, assets, deliverables, scope, budget, team and schedule for website and print/pdf projects — several projects at once—managing your time well; coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members; help source and vet resources as required
- Contribute: you are not a traffic manager! you will set up projects for success at the outset, ensure success in the process, and close out when complete; hop into the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML, check changes, assess analytics, write notes, and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Clients: manage day-to-day client relationships, both independently and with the firm principals and Project Management team; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: assure accuracy (change checking); responsible for the quality assurance and user acceptance testing processes; create and assess lessons learned improving quality across projects
- Meetings: host/attend internal, partner and client meetings, create agendas, meeting notes and required documentation; insure they are run efficiently and have a clear purpose and goal
- 5+ years in a project management role preferably at a digital agency, design firm or creative agency (must have managed web design/development project(s))
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Digital Proficiency: working knowledge of HTML/CSS and other web technologies
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, Asana, Git/GitHub, Harvest, and more; you aren’t afraid of Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required; PMP (or working toward it) is a plus
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area, ability to work on site (hybrid)
- Covid-19 vaccinated
- You have a ‘can do,’ optimistic attitude and are a self-starter and able to work several projects
- You are a flexible, adaptable person comfortable in a dynamic, creative-driven environment.
- Open to learning new ways of working and always looking to improve our best practices.
- Although you aren’t a designer, you have an eye for design, and love beautiful well-designed things and experiences AND smart thinking.
- You are outgoing, friendly with a good sense of humor!
Salary range: $70,000 -$85,000 (based on years of experience, work samples, and industry expertise)
Benefits are detailed here.
Email email@example.com with your cover letter, résumé and a link to your online work samples. Do not call.
We know there are terrific candidates who may not meet every listed request or who possess important skills we haven’t listed. Don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.