We are looking for an unflappable mid-level Project Manager for website design, sustainability and other related projects. You work well in small teams, are extremely detail oriented, web/digital fluent, self directed, and can handle complexity without pulling out your hair. You know how to keep clients and teams to a tight schedule, ultimately helping to deliver a beautiful, quality product on time, on budget. In addition to impeccable communication skills, you have a sense of humor, and must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Location: NYC metro area. We work in a hybrid schedule in the office 2-3 days a week, with dedicated fully remote weeks throughout the year. Benefits are detailed here.
In this role with us, you’ll work collaboratively and contribute in the following areas:
- Manage: risk, assets, deliverables, scope, budget, team and schedule for website and print/pdf projects — several projects at once—managing your time well; coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members; help source and vet resources as required
- Contribute: you are not a traffic manager! you will set up projects for success at the outset, ensure success in the process, and close out when complete; hop into the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML, check changes, assess analytics, write notes, and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Clients: manage day-to-day client relationships, both independently and with the firm principals and Project Management team; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: assure accuracy (change checking); responsible for the quality assurance and user acceptance testing processes; create and assess lessons learned improving quality across projects
- Meetings: host/attend internal, partner and client meetings, create agendas, meeting notes and required documentation; insure they are run efficiently and have a clear purpose and goal
- 2+ years in a project management role preferably at a digital agency, design firm or creative agency (must have managed web design/development project(s))
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Digital Proficiency: working knowledge of HTML/CSS and other web technologies
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, Asana, Git/GitHub, Harvest, and more; you aren’t afraid of Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required; PMP (or working toward it) is a plus
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area, ability to work on site (hybrid)
- Covid-19 vaccinated
- You have a ‘can do,’ optimistic attitude and are a self-starter and able to work several projects
- You are a flexible, adaptable person comfortable in a dynamic, creative-driven environment.
- Open to learning new ways of working and always looking to improve our best practices.
- Although you aren’t a designer, you have an eye for design, and love beautiful well-designed things and experiences AND smart thinking.
- You are outgoing, friendly with a good sense of humor!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, desired salary range, résumé and a link to your online work samples. Do not call.