We are looking for an unflappable mid-level Project Coordinator for website design and other related projects. You work well in small teams, are self directed, can handle complexity without pulling out your hair, and know how to keep clients and teams to a tight schedule, ultimately helping to deliver a beautiful, quality product on time, on budget. In addition to impeccable communication skills, you have a sense of humor, and must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects with tight deadlines. Our workload fluctuates throughout the year, and sometimes we are very busy.
With the world as it is, we are all currently remote, but plan to return to the office in the fall. You should reside in the Metropolitan NYC area, able to work on site in the future.
In this project management role with us, you’d contribute in the following areas
- Manage: assets, deliverables, scope, budget, team and schedule for website design and development, print and brand projects as well as related processes for several projects at once—managing your time well; manage, coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members; help source and vet resources as required
- Contribute: set up projects for success at the outset; use tools including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Trello, the IOP Extranet, Git/GitHub, Jira, Basecamp, Smartsheets and others to communicate and contribute to deliverables; hop into the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML, resize or optimize images, or make revisions and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Requirements: create functional specifications; document client requests; collaborate on architecture, wireframes and sitemaps; assess analytics; participate in the creation of documentation for release to developers, conduct competitive and trend analysis and research for clients, products & services, and industries
- Clients: manage day-to-day client relationships, both independently and with the firm principals or Design Directors; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: assure accuracy (proofreading); responsible for the quality assurance and user acceptance testing processes; lead archiving and project close-out process; help the entire office align around better processes including client communication, scheduling, asset management and tracking, archiving, and more; create and assess lessons learned improving quality across projects
- Meetings: host/attend internal, partner and client meetings, create agendas, meeting notes and required documentation; insure they are run efficiently and have a clear purpose and goal
- 2-3 years in a project management role preferably at a digital agency, design firm or creative agency;
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, and applications including Trello, Git/GitHub, Jira, and Basecamp; you aren’t afraid of Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required; PMP is a plus
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area, work remotely at first and on site (eventually)
- You have a ‘can do,’ optimistic attitude and are a self-starter and able to work several projects
- Although you aren’t a designer, you have an eye for design, and love beautiful well-designed things and experiences
- You are outgoing, friendly with a good sense of humor!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, desired salary range, résumé and a link to your online work samples. Do not call.