Ideas On Purpose is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented junior project manager for digital, sustainability and other related projects. You have the ability to listen carefully and communicate clearly. You thrive in a small team environment, are self directed and web/digital fluent. In addition to impeccable communication skills, you have a sense of humor, and a healthy obsession with the details.
We work in a hybrid schedule in the office 2-3 days a week, with dedicated fully remote weeks throughout the year.
At IOP you will learn and contribute to the following:
- Manage: assets, deliverables, and schedule for sustainability communications, website development and related processes for several projects at once; manage, coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members
- Contribute: use software tools to communicate and contribute to deliverables; hop into projects and the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML or resize images; track revisions and assure accuracy (proofreading/change checking); and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Requirements: document client requests; assess analytics; participate in the creation of documentation for release to developers
- Clients: assist in day-to-day client relationships, with Project Managers, Design Directors, and the firm principals; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: manage and participate in testing and quality control for deliverables (checking changes, proofreading, formal QA), problem solving to keep projects on track, archiving work and ensuring all projects are documented
- Meetings: host/attend internal, partner and client meetings, create agendas, meeting notes and required documentation
- Support: the project management team on task-based requests as needed; support the studio’s marketing efforts including email marketing and special projects; Other related responsibilities as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude; effective listening skills, empathy, assertiveness, and an ongoing interest in learning.
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- An interest in design, UX and website development (the work we do!)
- A Bachelor’s degree (coursework in project management is a plus)
- Experience working/interning in design/digital agencies is a plus as is experience with website development (all phases)
- A personal commitment to the success of each project, as well as the company’s long term growth and success.
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area, ability to work on site (hybrid)
- Covid-19 vaccinated
As part of a small studio environment you will have the opportunity to contribute to many projects at all stages, and have the ability to participate in the entire process.
Email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter (this is your writing sample). Put Project Coordinator in the subject line. No calls. (No recruiters or staffing agencies please.)