Ideas On Purpose is looking for a detail oriented, passionate and hard-working junior project manager who has the ability to listen carefully and communicate clearly.
At IOP you will learn and contribute to the following:
- Manage: assets, deliverables, and schedule for website development and related processes for several projects at once; manage, coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members
- Contribute: use software tools to communicate and contribute to deliverables; hop into projects and the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML or resize images; track revisions and assure accuracy (proofreading); and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Requirements: contribute to the creation and review of functional specifications; document client requests; collaborate on architecture, wireframes and sitemaps; assess analytics; participate in the creation of documentation for release to developers, conduct competitive and trend analysis and research for clients, products & services, and industries
- Clients: assist in day-to-day client relationships, with Project Managers, Design Directors, or the firm principals; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: manage and participate in testing and quality control for deliverables (proofreading, formal QA), problem solving to keep projects on track, learn and use various QA and project tracking systems; archiving work and ensuring all projects are documented
- Meetings: host/attend internal, partner and client meetings, create agendas, meeting notes and required documentation
- Support: the project management team on task-based requests as needed; support the studio’s marketing efforts including email marketing and special projects; Other related responsibilities as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude; effective listening skills, empathy, assertiveness, and an ongoing interest in learning.
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- An interest in design, UX and website development (the work we do!)
- A Bachelor’s degree (coursework in project management is a plus).
- Experience working/interning in design/digital agencies is a plus as is experience with website development (all phases).
- A personal commitment to the success of each project, as well as the company’s long term growth and success.
As part of a small studio environment you will have the opportunity to contribute to many projects at all stages, and have the ability to participate in the entire process.
Email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter (this is your writing sample). Put Project Coordinator in the subject line. No calls. (No recruiters or staffing agencies please.)