We are looking for an unflappable Project Manager for website, print and other related projects. You work well in small teams, are self directed, can handle complexity without pulling out your hair, and know how to keep clients and teams to a tight schedule, ultimately helping to deliver a beautiful, quality product on time, on budget. In addition to impeccable communication skills, you have a sense of humor, and must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects with tight deadlines. Freelance/contract role to start (October start, 6-7 min. months), ability to be onsite preferred.
You should reside in the Metropolitan NYC area, able to work on site in a hybrid manner.
In this role with us, you’d contribute in the following areas
- Manage: assets, deliverables, scope, budget, team and schedule for website design and development, print and brand projects as well as related processes for several projects at once—managing your time well; manage, coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members; help source and vet resources as required
- Contribute: set up projects for success at the outset; hop into the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML, resize or optimize images, or make revisions and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Requirements: document client requests; collaborate on architecture, wireframes and sitemaps; assess analytics; participate in the creation of documentation for release to developers
- Clients: manage day-to-day client relationships, both independently and with the firm principals and Project Management team; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: assure accuracy (proofreading); responsible for the quality assurance and user acceptance testing processes; lead archiving and project close-out process; create and assess lessons learned improving quality across projects
- Meetings: host/attend internal, partner and client meetings, create agendas, meeting notes and required documentation; insure they are run efficiently and have a clear purpose and goal
- ~5+ years in a project management role preferably at a digital agency, design firm or creative agency (must have managed one web design/development project)
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, and applications including Trello, Jira, and Basecamp; you aren’t afraid of Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required; PMP (or working toward it) is a plus
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area, ability to work on site
- Covid-19 vaccinated
- You have a ‘can do,’ optimistic attitude and are a self-starter and able to work several projects
- Although you aren’t a designer, you have an eye for design, and love beautiful well-designed things and experiences
- You are outgoing, friendly with a good sense of humor!