Be a doer and a strategist. At IOP you will work with work closely with clients to develop communications and sustainability reports, and then collaborate with an interdisciplinary teams of designers, project managers and developers helping to realize the strategies, concepts and plans into clear deliverables in a way that meets or exceeds client objectives. This is an ideal opportunity for a hard-working and creative leader with an interest in brand communications, the corporate world, and a passion for sustainability to advise leading and emerging corporations communicating on sustainability issues. In this critical new role, you will use your knowledge of sustainability issues, corporate social responsibility reporting, frameworks, and compelling writing to help companies build their reputation by delivering smart sustainability content through thoughtful reporting, assessments, and other deliverables. You will also be active in thought leadership, represent IOP at key industry forums, and facilitate partnership building.
Your responsibilities include:
- Sustainability Reporting, Content Development & Strategy: Devise, plan and write corporate sustainability reports, integrated reports and other stakeholder communications for global clients. Understand and lead the process to develop communications and engagement that will motivate employees, investors and other key stakeholders, and have full understanding of digital communications media and different requirements (digital, social, print, etc.). Collaborate with the design team to visualize recommendations.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Grow your knowledge to serve as the main sustainability and CSR subject matter expert on multiple projects, internally and externally, continually learning and expanding your knowledge. Conduct research, benchmarking, GAP analysis, GRI indexing, and trend insights for IOP, prospects and clients. Advise on frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, UNGC, UN SDGs, IIRC, etc.) and Materiality.
- Content Marketing & Business Development: Supports IOP’s sustainability/CSR offering enhancing and growing our practice. Work to identify and pursue new business opportunities and prepare proposals and help win business. Write and develop content for IOP marketing.
- Support: Be a team player for every aspect of work and contributing to the success and smooth operations at IOP. Contribute to mentoring staff and helping everyone be smarter around these important topics. Be a positive presence.
- At least 5 years of professional experience required with previous experience working in the corporate sustainability/CSR field.
- A bachelor’s degree ideally in a related discipline, master’s degree preferred but not essential.
- A passion for sustainability and a desire to be fluent in the full range of corporate sustainability issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to write clearly in English under time constraints.
- An interest in business and an understanding of the corporate world.
- An outgoing personality with a knack for relationship building and passion for client service.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, Slack, and more with and ability to work in a Mac-based environment.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Marketing/agency/consulting experience, journalism or corporate roles + GRI Certification preferred.
- Prefer NYC metro area, work on site.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé, cover letter, and links to writing samples. Keep the job title in the subject line. Do not call.