Be a doer and a strategist. At IOP you will work closely with clients to develop ESG communications and sustainability reports, and then collaborate with an interdisciplinary teams of designers, project managers and developers helping to realize the strategies, concepts and plans into clear deliverables in a way that meets or exceeds client objectives. This is an ideal opportunity for a hard-working and creative leader, with a passion for sustainability and an interest in brand communications and the corporate world, to advise leading and emerging corporations communicating on ESG/sustainability issues.
You will use your knowledge of sustainability issues, reporting frameworks, and compelling writing to help companies deliver smart sustainability content through thoughtful reporting, messaging, assessments, and other deliverables. You will also be active in thought leadership, represent IOP at key industry forums, and facilitate partnership building. This is a great role for someone entrepreneurial — help build a growth area at IOP.
Your responsibilities include:
- Sustainability/CSR/ESG Reporting, Content Development & Strategy: Devise, assess, plan and write corporate sustainability reports, integrated reports and other stakeholder communications for global clients both alone and in collaboration with others. Understand and lead the process to develop communications and engagement that will motivate employees, investors and other key stakeholders, and have full understanding of digital communications media and different requirements (digital, social, print, etc.). Collaborate with the design team to visualize recommendations.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Grow your knowledge to serve as the main sustainability and CSR subject matter expert on multiple projects, internally and externally, continually learning and expanding your knowledge. Conduct research, benchmarking, GAP analysis, GRI indexing, and trend insights for IOP, prospects and clients. Advise on frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, UNGC, UN SDGs, IIRC, etc.) and Materiality.
- Thought Leadership & Business Development: Supports IOP’s sustainability/CSR/ESG offering enhancing and growing our practice. Write and develop content for IOP marketing, contribute to proposals.
- Support: Be a team player for every aspect of work and contributing to the success and smooth operations at IOP. Contribute to mentoring staff and helping everyone be smarter around these important topics. Contribute to Project Management. Be a positive presence.
- 5+ years of professional sustainability/ESG experience required.
- Must have authored/co-authored a GRI based sustainability report. GRI Certification preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree ideally in a related discipline, master’s degree preferred but not essential.
- Substantive sustainability/ESG content knowledge and a deep understanding of reporting trends and drivers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to write clearly in English under time constraints.
- An entrepreneurial orientation, you will help build the business!
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- NYC metro area, work on site (hybrid likely).
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19 (or willing to be)
Email email@example.com with your résumé, cover letter, and links to writing samples. Keep the job title in the subject line. Do not call.