Be a doer and a strategist. At IOP you will work closely with clients to develop corporate ESG communications and sustainability reports, and then collaborate with an interdisciplinary teams of designers, project managers and developers helping to realize the strategies, concepts and plans into clear deliverables in a way that meets or exceeds client objectives. This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial and creative leader, with a passion for sustainability and an interest in brand communications and the corporate world, to advise leading and emerging corporations communicating on ESG/sustainability issues.
You will use your knowledge of sustainability issues, reporting frameworks, and compelling writing to help companies deliver smart sustainability content through thoughtful reporting, messaging, assessments, and other deliverables. You will also be active in thought leadership, represent IOP at key industry forums, and facilitate partnership building. You will help build a growing area at IOP, with plenty of opportunity for personal growth.
Your responsibilities include:
- Sustainability/CSR/ESG Reporting, Content Development & Strategy: Devise, assess, plan, write and edit corporate sustainability/ESG reports and other communications for global clients both alone and in collaboration with others. Transform disparate pieces of information into cohesive narratives that align with client needs, style/branding guidelines, and external ESG reporting requirements. Collaborate with the design team to visualize recommendations, and offer new ideas for how to approach content. Listen closely to clients’ needs and goals and provide recommendations about their communications in a confident and professional manner.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Grow your knowledge to serve as a sustainability and ESG subject matter expert on multiple projects, internally and externally, continually learning and expanding your knowledge. Conduct research, benchmarking, GAP analysis, indexing, and trend insights for IOP, prospects and clients. Advise on frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, UNGC, UN SDGs, etc.) and Materiality.
- Thought Leadership & Business Development: Supports IOP’s sustainability/CSR/ESG offering enhancing and growing our practice. Write and develop content for IOP marketing, contribute to proposals.
- Collaborate: Be a team player for every aspect of work and contributing to the success and smooth operations at IOP. Contribute to mentoring staff and helping everyone be smarter around these important topics. Be a positive presence.
To be successful you will have:
- 5+ years of professional corporate sustainability/ESG experience, agency or corporate
- Excellent writing skills as demonstrated by previous writing experience that includes ESG/CSR Reports and other ESG content pieces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to write clearly in English under time constraints.
- Strong organizational capabilities, including the ability to manage large volumes of disparate content with some guidance from project teams
- Knowledge of ESG frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, UNGC, UN SDGs, etc.) and rankers and raters
- A bachelor’s degree ideally in a related discipline, master’s degree preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of business strategy, financial reporting and ESG topics (climate change, DE&I, ethics, governance, etc.) and an understanding of reporting trends and drivers
- Authorized to work in the United States
- NYC metro area, work on site (hybrid)
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19
Salary range: $125,000 -$175,000 (based on years of experience, work samples, and industry expertise)
Benefits are detailed here.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé, cover letter, and links to writing samples. Keep the job title in the subject line. Do not call. If your profile meets our qualifications for this position, we will contact you about next steps.
We know there are terrific candidates who may not meet every listed request or who possess important skills we haven’t listed. Don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.