We are looking for a creative wordsmith to join us. You’ll work on a variety of projects for clients, and on IOP’s thought leadership. Write and concept creative ideas, interview management at Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits, and write long- or short-form content. Strong creative thinking and flexibility, along with a solid understanding of business and the capability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them in regular-people language, are essential.
At IOP, you will:
- Interview stakeholders, find themes and messages and then translate them into compelling business stories
- Edit existing materials together, applying a point of view and editorial voice, and create something *new*
- Write brand positioning and marketing messages from qualitative research you conduct
- Work across multiple channels including print, digital and video
- Work both independently and in collaboration with a talented team of designers, strategists and coders
- Contribute to strategic thinking and the overall direction a project takes
- Write regular articles for IOP’s website contributing to thought leadership.
- You likely have 3-5+ years experience, ideally working with similar firms or projects similar to those you see in our portfolio
- Samples demonstrating editorial voice in digital and print with applications in branding, marketing and corporate communications; show us how you push
- Be able to write compelling and grammatically clean long-form website or print copy as well as effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action
- Be collaborative, you are the writer but the design and content are linked
- Have the desire to always get it right
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks
- A sense of humor
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area and work on site
Nice to have:
- Experience with annual reports
- Brand strategy or Marketing strategy
- Journalism background
Email email@example.com with your résumé and a links to samples or PDF. Writing samples required. Do not call.