Video is a powerful way to form a human connection, but how is it best used in the context of business, corporate communications and investor relations?
Business stories communicate and connect, for a purpose. No one ever remembers all the data, information and endless bulleted lists in presentations. What sticks?
“What does all this mean? How does this affect ME?”
In other words, what’s the story?
The job of the Investor Relations team is not only to convey facts, but to craft the story so it is digestible by investors.
This presentation highlights:
- When to use video: what are the opportunities
- Reasons to think twice: cautionary notes
- Thinking about your senior leadership on video: pros, cons and approaches
- Thinking beyond the talking head: other video ideas
- Practical tips: how long? how deep? what compromises? and, what to do with this video once we have it?
This was presented initially at the Citi Depositary Receipt Services IR Academy in New York City. The slides omit the video examples; links to the corporate videos are below.
- Pfizer 2014 Annual Review
- Pfizer 2015 Annual Review
- Stanley Black & Decker overview
- Microsoft CEO Interview
- United Technologies CEO narration Video
- UTC Animation
- Pepsico Earnings Release Animation