We are looking for an unflappable Project Manager for website design and other related projects. You work well in small teams, are self directed, can handle complexity without pulling out your hair, and know how to keep clients and teams to a tight schedule, ultimately helping to deliver a beautiful, quality product on time, on budget. In addition to impeccable communication skills, you have a sense of humor, and must be able to gracefully manage multiple projects with tight deadlines. Freelance to start, F/T possible.
In this role with us, you’d contribute in the following areas
- Manage: assets, deliverables, scope, budget and schedule for website development and related processes for several projects at once; manage, coordinate & collaborate with on/offsite team members
- Contribute: set up projects for success at the outset; use tools including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Trello, the IOP Extranet, Git/GitHub, Jira, Basecamp and others to communicate and contribute to deliverables; hop into the process when required, helping to make text changes in HTML, resize or optimize images, or make revisions and more
- Communicate: internally and externally, verbally and in documentation as necessary
- Requirements: create functional specifications; collaborate on architecture, wireframes and sitemaps
- Clients: manage day-to-day client relationships, both independently and with the firm principals; advocate for the client and IOP, finding the win-win
- Quality: responsible for the quality assurance process
- Meetings: host/attend internal and client meetings, create meeting notes and required documentation
- 5+ years in a project management role preferably at a digital agency, design firm or creative agency;
- Expert organizational skills with an insane attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, and applications including Trello, Git/GitHub, Jira, and Basecamp; you aren’t afraid of Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required; PMP is a plus
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area, work on site
- You have a ‘can do,’ optimistic attitude and are a self-starter and able to work several projects
- Although you aren’t a designer, you have an eye for design, and love beautiful well-designed things and experiences
- You are outgoing, friendly with a good sense of humor!
Email email@example.com with your cover letter, desired salary range, résumé and a link to your online work samples. Do not call.